Info for precollege students
Information for Pre-College Summer Program students
- RISD Health Services is a proud supporter of the RISD Pre-College program, striving to help young artists thrive as they immerse themselves in the college experience.
- For many students, the Pre-College experience also serves as an opportunity to explore independence and practice self-care.
- We are a nurse practitioner-led medical clinic on campus, with diagnostic and prescriptive abilities, focused on providing high quality, confidential, and inclusive health care to students.
- The care at Health Services is part of the overall educational experience, guiding students in self-care practices, navigating health resources, and advocating for their own wellbeing.
- While we are here to support student development, we do require teens to be able to manage their own personal healthcare needs, including medications.
- For students with complex medical conditions, we recommend discussing the RISD Pre-College program with your pediatrician. We are happy to collaborate with your home provider as needed to develop a plan for success.
- All RISD pre-college students are required to submit health forms and proof of having received required vaccinations.
- Health forms are due May 1st and must be submitted through the health services portal.
- For students under age 18, we require a Consent to Treat and Transport Form, with emergency contact information that can be found on the health services portal.
- While attending Pre-College, minor students (<18yrs old) will be afforded the benefits of confidentiality as required by Rhode Island privacy laws. Our providers encourage students to disclose important health information to their parents, and often facilitate that communication with the student’s permission. Please know, that in the case of serious life threatening situations, we are able to discuss confidential information without a formal release to ensure safety and appropriate care.
Hours & Appointments
Monday 8am – 7pm
Tuesday 8am – 4:30pm
Wednesday 8am – 4:30pm
Thursday 8am – 4:30pm
Friday 8am – 6pm
Closed on weekends
Our services are available to students both on-campus and off-campus. We will do our best to provide care by phone or Zoom when possible.
72 Pine Street, 2nd floor
For all the medical correspondence
involving Patient care, please use the
Build your health smarts and stay on top of the services and resources the Health Center offers.