RISD believes that sex is an experience that should be freely chosen, respectful, consensual, and enjoyable. We strive to create a violence-free campus and are committed to implementing prevention strategies and providing victims/survivors with support, services, and information.
If you or someone you know has experienced sexual harassment, stalking, assault, rape, relationship violence, or any type of nonconsensual sexual experience, there are a number of support resources and options available to you to help. Contacting these services will provide you with timely and valuable support. These resources can be extremely helpful to you to understand your options, such as: medical services, psychological services, judicial and legal options, residential options, referrals, etc.
RISD complies with applicable state and federal statutes, including Title IX of the federal Higher Education Amendment of 1972, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex under any education program or activity receiving federal financial aid. Sexual assault and sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX.
For more detailed information, visit: sexualmisconduct.risd.edu
Title IX Coordinator for Students:
Carr House, room 304
Confidential On-Campus Resources
- RISD Counseling Services 401-454-6637
- After hours, the On Call Counselor can be contacted by calling Public Safety at 401-454-6666
- RISD Health Services 401-454-6625
Private On-Campus Resources
- RISD Public Safety 401-454-6666
- RISD Residence Life 401-454-6650
- Dean of Student Affairs Office 401-454-6600
Confidential Off-Campus Resources
- Sexual Assault Trauma and Resource Center (Day One) 401- 494-8100 (24 Hour Hotline 1-800-494-8100)
- RI Victim of Crime Help Line 401-494- 8100
- Rape, Abuse & Incest Network 1 800-656-HOPE
- National Domestic Violence Aid 1 800-299-7233
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center 1 800-284-7821
- Men’s Domestic Violence Centers 1 888 7HELPLINE
*Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Law Enforcement Advocates are available in-house. For support in reporting a sexual assault, an advocate can be requested for any RI police department by calling the Victims of Crime Helpline at 800 494-8100. Filing a report with Providence Police does not automatically result in criminal charges being filed.